Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bring on the Lysol!

After a weekend full of sick kids and several missed days of school, I'm ready for things to get back to normal!

It seemed at the time like a great idea...going to the park after Tim got home from work last Wednesday! The kids couldn't wait. It was right before dark so we didn't get to stay for long. They played and climbed and swang and went down the slide. I should have known better!! Where was my hand sanitizer when I needed it!

Thursday after school Sydney told me she took a nap and Mrs. Lee had to wake her up. That's not normal for Sydney, Miss I stopped taking naps at 2 years old. We got home and she headed straight for the couch, WITHOUT a snack! I was shocked and knew something was up. We had open house Thursday night and an hour before we were supposed to leave, I checked to see if she had a fever. Sure enough it was over 103. That made me nervous thinking about all the Swine flu that has been going around, a few kids at our school have even had it. So, we skipped her first open house and stayed home while Tim took Blake.

Sydney stayed home from school on Friday - she missed her first day already. There goes the Perfect Attendance award! She played, slept, we read books, she took a bath, slept some more and took lots of Tylenol. I was her serveant and catered to her every whim..."Mom, can I have some water?", "Mom, can I have some soup?", "Mom, can you get me a tissue?", "Mom, can you come here?", "Mom, can you put a movie on for me?", "Mom, mom, mom!!" By the end of Friday night, I was all mommed out! Syd was better by Saturday and she was bouncing off the walls and ready to play with her friends.

Saturday morning, Blake woke up super early, which is rare since he normally sleeps until 10:30 or 11 on weekends or any day if he could for that matter. He now had a fever over 103 also. The kids have never had fevers over 102, so it made me a little nervous. A little later on, he started throwing up. It was awful and all day long, 5-6 times each time. Blake still likes for me to rub his back when he feels the watery mouth thing, so I was called to the bathroom like 20 times that day. He was feeling so bad that he thought something was going to happen to him and that he was going to die. Tim had to coach five baseball games over the weekend, so, by the time he got home, I was worn out and starting to feel sick myself (later I realized it was all psychological - there's only so much throw up a mom can stand)!!

Blake still had a fever on Sunday and Monday, so he had to miss school on Monday and Tuesday. Today was the first day of no sick kids! The house is back to normal and all Lysolified!

P.S. Kindergarten is so much fun for Sydney, they must keep her busy. She fell asleep on the couch at 6:00 and didn't wake up the rest of the night!
P.P.S. Thanks mom and dad for having us over for dinner so I didn't have to cook through all of this! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Poor lil punkins. I love the "mom, mom, mom" part. It's amazing no one else got sick!!