Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy 43rd Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Forty-three years ago, on a very hot day in Detroit, Michigan, mom and dad were married.  That is such a long time!!  Four kids and eight grandkids later (and one on the way), they are still going strong!  When I called them tonight to wish them Happy Anniversary, I couldn't reach them and called my dad's cell.  I knew he would answer and as I guessed he had taken his bride to one of their favorite restaurants for dinner, how cute!!

They have both taught me such valuable lessons in life.  Lessons on compassion, determination, motivation, the importance of an education, selflessness, patience and kindness.  They have given me my creativity and made me the person I am today.   Thank you mom and dad for loving me and for all the wonderful gifts and memories you have given me in my life!  I look forward to the day that Tim and I can say we have been married that long!!!  I love these wedding pictures of theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment