Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Layla is Playing With Her Angels



Today is such a sad day, sweet Layla Grace lost her fight to Neuroblastoma.  I have been following her story for quite some time and especially lately on Twitter and her blog laylagrace.org.  When I logged into Twitter this morning and did not see an update, I just knew.  Here is what Shanna (her mom) posted this afternoon:  Layla went to play with the angels early this morning. Rest in peace precious Layla. 11/26/2007 - 3/9/2010.

My stomach has been in knots all day and my heart is broken.  I'm sooo sad today.  I held Brody so much tighter.  I looked at him all day thinking this was the age that Layla was when they found out she had cancer.  I hugged Blake tight when he got home from school thinking of Layla's nine year old sister Jenna (Blake is 9).  How does a nine year old cope after losing a baby sister?  I pray for their peace and strength to get through the tough days ahead and for God to someday mend their broken hearts.  Layla is finally free from her pain.  She touched so many lives including mine and my only hope that one day a cure can be found for this particular type of childhood cancer. 

I adore this picture of Layla Grace looking up at her daddy.  It's almost if she's asking if everything will be ok.  It's hard to believe this was taken a few weeks ago. Play with your angels sweet baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment