Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's been awhile - part two!



Ok, so I thought the last time I posted I would really get back to blogging, which I'm sad to say I didn't. I missed out on blogging about our summer. I had really good intentions and then the wireless adapter went out on my laptop. Yuck, that meant I had to work on a desktop in Blake's room. That wasn't going to work with Brody crawling around his room where there is an amusement park going on in there with all the K'Nex Blake has build. I think he has nine and he wants MORE!! The first thing Brody wanted to do was destroy all the K'Nex, so how is a mother to check e-mails, blog, update my website or play on Facebook. Well, that meant I had to give up some things - blogging and Facebook. I just came to the realization that I had no time for this stuff not to mention Brody only napped for a total of one hour during the day, is that normal for a 6 month old (he was 6 months when summer started)??? Well, I guess in the Fortunato household, that is normal seeing how loud Sydney is, well, Blake too. Now that school is back in session, I'm getting my laptop fixed for sure! Right now, you would laugh at this picture. Blake's room is three rooms away and I have this gigantic cord that stretches from his room to mine, just so I don't have to sit at a desk to type. I'm doing it old school right now! You should have seen us yelling from room to room:

Tim - "Does it work yet?"
Shannon - "No"
Tim - "How about now?" "Blake - don't touch it, I know what I'm doing, I test computer software."
Shannon - "Not yet"
Tim - "Now?"
Shannon - "Nooooooo!"
Blake - "Mommy is it working now?"
Shannon - "Yeees!!! Finally"
Blake - "I fixed it!"

I was cracking up, our little engineer Blake fixed the cable cord so I could play on the computer!

So, my plan is to start keeping up on this blogging thing. I love to journal even though I'm so behind with Brody. This is a perfect way to do it since I can type faster than I write. I love to remember things and feel like I have a good memory, but with three kids and something always going on, I forget easily. It makes me sad when Blake says remember when and for the life of me I have no idea what he's talking about. This is stuff he remembers from years ago and he knows all the details. So, if I have a blog, I can type my thoughts and things that are happening in our lives and just the little things that mean a lot and I can go back and remember! So, for the next few days, I have several posts that I am thinking of, a recap of our summer and the first week of school. I'm excited to have a bit of a fresh start now that the kids are in school and this is one priority on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment