Friday, August 28, 2009

First Week of School - Classes of 2018 and 2022!

The kids had a great first week of school. My little leopards and I are trying to get used to the routine of waking up early again. I was pleasantly surprised that Sydney got up when she was supposed to, I think she was so excited, so why sleep any longer! I was worried about Blake, Mr. Sleep til 11:30 each day. He has such a hard time falling asleep, he's my Night Owl cohort, but he did just fine.

Blake loves his teacher Mr. Scherrman who teaches math, science and social studies. Math is his favorite subject so hopefully he can learn a lot from him. He's never had a guy teacher before, so it should be cool! His reading/language arts teacher is Mrs. Mondello.

This is their first day of school picture. It was crazy humid out that morning, my lens fogged right up so the picture has a bit of a blur. I guess it's been this humid all summer early in the morning. But I wouldn't know, we usually didn't get out to do stuff until the afternoon.


Oh, and then a fight ensued right before school! Since Brody was born, the kids ALWAYS argue over who gets to sit by Brody (this is EVERY time we go somewhere). There is crying and whining and tattling, "Mom, he/she got to sit by him all day or the last time!" My sweet little Sydney didn't cry cause she was starting Kindergarten. She cried because as I was taking her pictures, Blake ran by her and said, "I'm sittin by Brody!" She didn't like that and immediately started crying and screaming. Urrggh!! Not a great way to start the day!


Here are some other first day pictures.





Sydney with both of her teachers Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Bowersock (this was actually taken at Meet the Teacher the previous week). We are thrilled that Sydney is in Mrs. Bowersock's class. She was Blake's second grade teacher and we just adore her! She had little Davis right after Brody was born. She is lucky enough to come back part-time and move to Kindergarten and share the week with Mrs. Lee! It's going to be a fun year. I even signed up for Assistant Homeroom Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment