Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Fried Capital of Texas!

Orders have kept me soooo busy that I have neglected the blog.  So, here I am catching up after all these weeks.  The day after Faith's birthday, we all decided to go to the Texas State Fair.  I have always wanted to go and have seen write ups about it for years!  Finally, we were getting the chance and we just so happened to be there opening weekend. 


The boys had a blast test driving the new Camaro.  I loooove that car and would get one in an instant, but it's so not practical for a mom of three.  I sat in it and just sank.  It's so tiny compared to my Tahoe Taxi.  It brought back memories of my 1997 black Camaro, I miss that car!!








We got a little fair guide that showed the layout of the land.  Blake was in heaven, he couldn't get to the ticket booth fast enough.  Our motto for him is "College, nah, Carnival" (from the movie Christmas Vacation)!  He has loved carnivals, theme parks, claw machines, balloons, games with tickets and prizes and rides from a young age!  There were rides and attractions everywhere we turned. 


They already had a Michael Jackson ride.

The kids wanted the rides and games while us adults couldn't wait to get our hands on some of that good 'ole fried carnival fare! On the menu, Fletcher's corn dogs, deep fried peaches and cream, fried butter, chicken fried bacon, fried peanut butter cup macaroon, fried marshmallows, Texas fried pecan pan, sweet jalepeno corn dog shrimp and the list went on and on!



Steph and her pickle pop (aka frozen pickle juice)


Check out this menu!


Fried butter, I liked the garlic one the best!


Can you believe this...chicken fried bacon!



Big Tex


The Ferris Wheel


Yeah, a family picture, thanks Matt & Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment