Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fallen Hero Comes Home...

Today, I was doing my usual weekly run to my office, aka Hobby Lobby-ha ha!  I needed to stop and get gas right around the corner from my house. As I turned into the parking lot, I noticed hundreds and hundreds of motorcycles along with police cars and American flags. The man getting gas next to me said it was for a fallen soldier and I remembered hearing about it on the news.

As the Patriot Guard Riders all left the parking lot with their engines cranking, it gave me chills.  On my way to Hobby Lobby, I saw American flags all up and down Main Street of the little town of Tomball, Texas.  Businesses had signs honoring Corporal Jeffrey Johnson. 

Jeffrey's life was cut short on May 11, one week ago today and on Blake's birthday. He was killed by a bomb in Afghanistan fighting for our country at 21 years of age.  Soooo young to die!

On my way home, there were hundreds of cars lined up on the side of the road to stop for the procession, myself included. There were children waving flags, parents, veterans, signs, huge American flags, fire engines, helicopters and lots of red, white and blue. I have never seen anything like it before. It was SO moving and SO patriotic. I almost felt like it was July 4th!  Jeffrey received a true hero's homecoming!!

Please say a prayer for his family which includes his wife, parents, grandparents and three siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment