Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wishful Wednesday - Thrown Away


This week, through some blog hopping, I found this super-cute blog by Kelsey!  Each week she has Wishful Wednesday and it's my first, so here goes...

I Wish I Didn't Throw Away that $300 cash I received from the attorneys I worked for before I headed off to college!

I worked for a group of attorneys the summer before I left for college.  I dragged my butt out of bed everyday when I could have been enjoying summer and lounging by the pool, but they paid me good money so how could I refuse!!  On my last day of working there, they took up a collection for my going away present and surprised me with $300 in cash.  I was sooo excited.  To a poor ole' college kid, that was like $1,000 to me!!  I still lived at home with my parents at the time.  I had been cleaning up my room and was going through things to get rid of before I left.  I had a huge garbage bag full of stuff and junk to throw out.  It was Wednesday night, the day before the trash was picked up.  Inadvertently, I kept the card but threw away the envelope, forgetting that I had taken the money out of the card and stuck it in the envelope instead.  I didn't realize this until Thursday afternoon when I went to look for my $$$$! 

It was too late!  The money was gone, zip, zero, zilch, nada!!  I made the dumbest mistake ever!!  There was no way I was going to the dump site to find it, that would never happen and I'd never find it!  I just hope someone found it, maybe it made their day!  I love cleaning and getting rid of stuff I don't need.  But after this happened, I take my time in making sure I am not throwing away something valuable.  I check and re-check before I throw something away just to be sure I don't make the same mistake!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment