Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just Around the Corner

Today was the day that Blake and the 4th grade boys got to view THE movie about growing up called "Just Around the Corner".  I can't believe it's this soon!!  I was in 5th grade when we watch the movie.  I have been talking about it all week with him and told him that today was the BIG day!   We are so open with him and talk about all the changes that he will go through and we have even started talking about deeper "Birds and the Bees" stuff too.

I couldn't go to the preview that was yesterday because it was parents only and I have all kids with me at all times, so I couldn't go.  I had to look it up online and found a little video clip.  I couldn't help but chuckle.  Here's what the website said the movie discussed:

An upbeat look at the changes of puberty, featuring two fourth grade boys and Todd – a promising art student and easy-going teenaged big brother. Todd helps prepare the boys for the momentous changes waiting “just around the corner.” Topics include: when to expect the onset of puberty; physical and emotional changes of puberty; maturation of the male reproduction system; common experiences of puberty, including voice change and feelings of awkwardness; and the importance of good hygiene and healthy habits.

So the minute Blake walked in the door, he started giggling like I knew he would.   He said everytime they said the PEN*S word, all the boys laughed.  I would have loved to been a fly on the wall! 

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I would have loved to be a fly on the wall right there with you. I can just imagine them. And I thought only girls did that! :)

    ReplyDelete